The COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) is one of the fastest growing institutions of higher learning in Pakistan. It offers wide range of programs and enjoys collegial networking with a number of institutions within the country and abroad. It is an ideal place for higher studies &research and is acclaimed countrywide for the quality of its teaching and research. The CIIT is a dynamic institution extending its geographic and programs spread. Under the Human Resource Development Program initiative, fully fundedoverseasPhDscholarshipsare available in the following disciplines.
- Pakistani/AJK nationals;
- Eighteen year earned degree (MS/MPhil or equivalent) in the relevant subjects;
- A maximum of one 2nddivision in academic career, but not in the terminal degree;
- Valid NTS-GAT score of 50 and above;
- Minimum service rendered at CIIT: 1 year on the closing date for applications;
- Maximum age by the closing date for applications: 35 years; and
- Persons in receipt of any other CIIT scholarship offer are not eligible to apply.
The candidates applying for scholarshipsshould submit applications on the standard scholarship application form available at the link.
Please attach the following documents along with prescribed application form.
- CV/ Resume;
- Attested photocopy of CNIC;
- Attested photocopies of all educational degrees/certificates;
- Most recent photograph (4 Nos.);
- One-page “Statement of Purpose” related to applicant’s aspirations to pursue higher studies in the particular field;
- Valid GRE (General) and GRE (subject) or GMAT and TOEFL scores, if available;
- Attested copy of NTS (GAT) Result Card; and
- Two letters of reference from the academic/ research supervisors.
- The eligible candidates will be invited for an interview.
- The candidate would be required to complete all admission requirements of the scholarship by the notified deadlines.
- The scholarship award will cover full tuition fee,return air ticket and maintenance allowance, as prescribed by CIIT, from time to time.
- The scholars availing the scholarship would be required to execute a bond to serve CIIT campus Veharifor a period not less than five years after successful completion of PhD studies.
- Applications, complete in all respects, along with the necessary documents should be sent to the office stated below latest by November 28, 2014. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- The candidates not having valid NTS (GAT) score may also apply. The NTS (GAT) test would be arranged within 2-3 weeks post application submission deadline. It would be mandatory for the eligible candidates to appear in the said test on the test date advised by the CIIT.