Jobs in Pakistan WAPDA Managing Director Chief Executive Officer
Jobs in Pakistan WAPDA Managing Director Chief Executive Officer. The water and power development authority (WAPDA) is a government owned public utility maintaining power and water in Pakistan. Although it does not manage thermal power. WAPDA includes Tarbela and Mangla dams among its resources. Its headquarters are in Lahore.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERI MD
- The Chief Executive Officer/ MD will report to the Board of Directors and will work closely with the
Board in the development of a strategic plan lo advance Ihe company’s mission and objectives as
well as to promote transparency and enhance revenue.
- The candidate must demonstrate leadership skills, management and team building experience,
excellent communicationsand interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must possess the ability to work as a team player to nurture an environment of
opportunity for maximum creativeness and sense of accomplishment and the utilization of
administrative practices which will assure an efficient operating organization.
- The candidate must show his/ her willingness to be an agent of change.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Applicant should be thoroughly familiar with the economic,social, legislative and political environment in which today’s electric utility industry operates.
- Applicant should have an understanding of legislative and community relationships, essential for utility’s growth.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The candidate should hold a professional degree, minimum Bachelor, from a recognized institution.
- Preference will be given to candidates holding a Master’s Degree in business, management.accounting, communication or engineering
- The candidate should have overall minimum of 15 years of professional experience preferably in Power Distribution Sector, 10 years of which should be in Public/ Private Sector serving in a senior management position.
REMUNERATION AND AGE
- Compensation package will be market-based as prevalent in the corporate sector. The maximum age limit of the candidate is 55 years.
Eligibility of PEPCO or Corporate entity employees
- Senior officers in PEPCO or in any of the DISCOs. GENCOs, NTDC who meet the stated criteria are eligible to apply.
Applications along with CV mentioning clearly the post applied for with two work and two personals references and two photographs should reach within fifteen days from the date of publication of this advertisement, at the following address.
Akbar Azam Rajar,
Section Officer (DISCOs),
2nd Floor, Federal Flood Commission,
Near Serena Hotel, Atta Turk Avenue
Note: Only short listed candidates will be invited for interviews/selection process. No TA/DA will be provided for interview. Applications will be treated in strict confidence.