My pie crust by no means seems very fairly – fortunately that doesn’t appear to have an effect on the style.
This strawberry rhubarb pie is easy and straightforward to make – it simply takes just a little prep time to make pie dough and lower the fruit. I used my previous standby pie crust recipe from an previous Betty Crocker cookbook, however be at liberty to make use of your favourite recipe or simply purchase a refrigerated crust to maintain issues easy.
The pie filling is completely candy, with loads of strawberry taste. This strawberry rhubarb pie held collectively higher than any strawberry pie I’ve ever made, and the flavors of the strawberry and rhubarb combined along with just a little little bit of sugar and cinnamon had been good! And it’s even higher with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on prime.
That is the right pie to utilize spring produce. You possibly can wager I will probably be making this strawberry rhubarb pie time and again – we cherished it!!
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- 2 9-inch pie crusts
- three half of cups chopped rhubarb (lower into 1\/2-inch-thick slices)
- 1 16-ounce container strawberries, hulled and halved or sliced (about three half of cups)
- half of cup packed brown sugar
- half of cup granulated sugar
- 1/Four cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1/Four teaspoon salt
- 1 giant egg yolk crushed to mix with 1 teaspoon water (for glaze)
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and put aside.
- Make the filling: Mix rhubarb, strawberries, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt in a big bowl. Toss gently to mix.
- Roll out 1 dough disk on floured work floor to 13-inch spherical. Switch to 9-inch-diameter pie dish. Trim extra dough, leaving three/Four-inch overhang. Spoon filling into crust.
- Roll out second dough disk on flippantly floured floor to 13-inch spherical. Lower into 1\/2-inch-wide strips. Organize half of the dough strips atop filling, spacing evenly. Type lattice by putting remaining dough strips in other way atop filling. Trim ends. Fold edges of dough beneath, urgent to seal.
- Make the glaze: Mix the egg yolk and water in a small bowl. Brush over crust.
- Switch pie to the foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Cut back oven temperature to 350°F. Bake pie till golden and filling thickens, about 1 hour 15 minutes, checking after 45 minutes to verify the pie is not getting too brown. Whether it is browning too rapidly, tent with foil.
- Switch pie to rack and funky utterly.