It Has Something To Do With A Banana
If you are staring at the ceiling at 3:00 am in the morning, yearning for a safer alternative to sleeping pills to put you off to sleep, we have something for you. There is a fruit that you have been eating all this while and never knew what it can do for your sleep. Curious to find out what that is? Banana! With the help of this wonder fruit, you can regulate your sleep cycles, and bid goodbye to sleepless nights.
What You Need To Do
- Take a GMO-free banana since you will have to use its peel as well. You will end up consuming all the chemicals present on the peel if you don’t use an organic one.
- Remove both the ends of the fruit.
- Boil some water in a pan and put the banana along with the peel in it.
- Allow the water to steep with the banana in it for around 10 minutes.
- Drink the concoction. You could also consume the banana (along with its skin).
- You can add a hint of cinnamon powder to enhance the taste of the tea.
It looks like a bizarre ritual to eat the banana with the peel. It could, in fact, feel ape-like to eat it that way. Jokes apart, this tea and the boiled banana with its peel intact can put all your sleeplessness issues at bay. Those of you who find it difficult to fall asleep may not believe that something as simple as a banana can put you off to sleep. Wondering how exactly does it work? Bananas are a storehouse of minerals, and these nutrients play a major role in affecting your sleep cycle. Read on to find out more about them.
Banana, the peel, and the fruit both, are rich reserves of magnesium. People with sleep-related issues are often prescribed to take magnesium supplements because they help in muscle relaxation. The body can sleep only when the muscles are relaxed. It slows down the metabolic rate of the body and tends to make you drowsy. Also, it reduces the production of stress-inducing hormones and helps you relax, ensuring peaceful sleep.
Again, another sleep-related supplement that a lot of people take mainly when their sleep is disturbed by painful leg cramps. Do you often wake up in the middle of the night with an acute piercing pain in the leg? Then, you must have this concoction as it contains approximately 450-500 mg of potassium. Drinking the banana tea an hour before you plan to doze off helps in getting rid of this uninvited 3:00 am guest.
3. Serotonin – The “Happy Hormone”
Banana instantly makes people happy because it contains the hormone serotonin, which is essential for reducing anxiety and also to produce more chemicals that are responsible for quality sleep. You can consume a banana before an impending stressful situation, and this preps you sufficiently for the endeavor. I had a friend who would tremble even at the thought of giving a seminar in an amphitheater with 500 people waiting to pounce at her mistakes. After realizing the benefits of bananas, she started eating one an hour before the seminar. Guess what? She’d hop deftly from topic to topic without looking even a little bit stressed. This is what you can do too to relax before you call it a day.
Other Foods That Can Induce Sleep
- Cherries are known to induce sleep as they are one of the natural sources of melatonin. This nutrient can undeniably help in regulating your sleep rhythm.
- Milk products like milk and cheese also help you doze off.
- Almonds are excellent sources of magnesium, and hence are helpful in treating insomnia.
- A high-protein diet can also help you fall asleep.
- A decaffeinated tea infused with chamomile can work wonders if you are tossing and turning on the bed.
Finding out the cause of sleeplessness is crucial before you try to fix the problem. Anything from stress, depression, and lack of adequate physical exercise to heartburn and hunger pangs can cause disturbed sleep or insomnia. Mineral supplements like magnesium and potassium help you sleep better. However, it is not a good idea to load yourself with too many of these pills. Instead, trying natural fruits and other sources of these minerals prevents the dangers of overdosage.
Try this banana tea recipe and share it with people who are trying to combat chronic insomnia. Also, tell me what else you find helpful in snoozing away to glory. Basking in the raptures of driving the fastest car on some obscure racing course. May be this is what they mean by “calling” and she seems to have found it! Crazy and Whimsical is Her Calling.http://pakskills.com/it-has-something-to-do-with-a-banana.htmlhttp://pakskills.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/banana-tea-for-sleep.jpghttp://pakskills.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/banana-tea-for-sleep-220x140.jpgideasThis Is What I Did When I Could Not Sleep At Night. Hint: It Has Something To Do With A Banana Rachana C May 16, 2017 If you are staring at the ceiling at 3:00 am in the morning, yearning for a safer...Mehmood AyazMehmoodAyazdramascity@gmail.comAdministratorPakSkills